Meredith is a member of the firm's Information Governance and Technology Transactions practice group, focusing on the legal aspects of global privacy and data protection, data security, software licensing and related information technology issues. Meredith provides advice to a wide range of global online enterprises including manufacturers, financial institutions, retail concerns, and other organizations. She has experience in providing guidance under a variety of regulatory schemes, including GLBA, FCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, EU GDPR, Privacy Shield, CASL, and PIPEDA. She has assessed and developed privacy programs for numerous clients with a global presence using widely accepted frameworks, including GAPP, KPMG, Nymity, and Privacy by Design (PbD).
Meredith has earned CIPP/US and CIPM certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and has been named a Fellow of Information Privacy. She serves as Chair of the Chicago Bar Association's Cyber Law and Privacy Committee.
In 2018, Meredith was appointed by the Illinois Secretary of State to the Notarization Task Force on Best Practices and Verification Standards to Implement Electronic Notarization. The goal of the Task Force is to “review and report on national standards for best practices in relation to electronic notarization, including security concerns and fraud prevention."
Meredith serves as an Editorial Board Member of the Video Game Art Reader, a peer-reviewed journal published under the auspices of the Video Game Art Gallery.
Prior to joining NGE, Meredith was a Privacy Officer at BMO Financial Group and a Cyber Services Consultant at KPMG LLP.
While earning her law degree, Meredith founded the JMLS Privacy & Information Technology Law Society and served as its President for two years. She was also the Solicitation Editor for the Journal of Information Technology & Privacy Law (JITPL).
- Notarization Task Force on Best Practices and Verification Standards to Implement Electronic Notarization (2018 - present)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (2013 - present)
- Fellow of Information Privacy (2018)
- Chicago Bar Association (2011 - present)
- Chair, Cyber Law and Data Privacy Committee (2017 - present)
- Legislative Liaison, Cyber Law and Data Privacy Committee (2015-2017)
- American Bar Association (2011 - present)
- ABA Business Law Section Intellectual Property Committee Newsletter, former Editor (2015-2016)
- International Technology Law Association
- E-Commerce Committee, former Vice Chair (2015-2017)