Tanvi is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property & Technology Transactions practice group and is also a registered patent attorney. She has experience in a number of technological areas and in all aspects of intellectual property law, including patent and trademark litigation, patent prosecution, and client counseling related to non-infringement and patent enforcement. In addition, her litigation experience includes pre-suit investigation and assessment, all aspects of patent discovery including developing contentions and claim construction briefing, motion practice, pursuing and defending against preliminary injunctions, and preparation and participation in a jury trial.
Prior to practicing law, Tanvi worked at Caterpillar, Inc. in the Electric Power Generation group. There, she worked with several engineering groups resolving customer driven technical engine inquiries, researching and implementing emissions reduction solutions, creating and implementing product training for sales teams and drafting technical product literature.
Tanvi’s education in electrical engineering and her technical background enable her to better understand her clients' complex technologies and protect their innovations.
- Obtained a finding of willful infringement in a jury trial enforcing a patent covering high voltage X-ray transformers after successfully challenging an initial unfavorable summary judgment ruling before the Federal Circuit with trial team (W.D.N.C., 2016)
- Obtained a Preliminary Injunction in a trade dress dispute with trial team (D.N.J. 2016)
- Overturned the denial of a Preliminary Injunction in a trade dress dispute with trial team (9 Cir. Court of Appeals 2017)
- Successfully defended against a Preliminary Injunction in a patent infringement dispute (N.D.Ill. 2018)
- Represented Patent Owners and Petitioners in Inter Partes Review and Covered Business Method Review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications on mechanical, electrical and e-commerce-based inventions
- Drafted freedom-to-operate and patentability opinions for electrical, mechanical, medical device and ecommerce-based inventions
- Conducted due diligence investigations for mechanical, biotechnology, medical device, and e-commerce based inventions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit