Andrea focuses her practice on brand protection and intellectual property enforcement matters. Andrea counsels clients on a variety of intellectual property issues including developing and managing international anticounterfeiting programs and online enforcement programs, protecting and enforcing IP assets on social media platforms and assisting companies with securing and protecting domains names with the expansion of generic top-level domains (gTLDs).
Andrea regularly assists companies with domain name disputes, including Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution (UDRP) actions. Andrea also assists clients with a variety of trademark and copyright matters including clearance, registration, prosecution, portfolio management and enforcement. She also works with clients to structure licensing agreements to commercialize their intellectual property.
She is a member of NGE's PLAY Group (Parenting, Lawyering And You). During law school, Andrea was managing editor for The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law. Prior to law school, Andrea worked as an interactive media planner at Starcom Worldwide and a media account executive at TV Guide, Inc. Her background in interactive marketing enables her to better understand clients’ diverse issues in building and protecting brands in an online marketplace.
- Camarata v. McDonald’s Corp. (W.D. Wash.; D. Wash.; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit) – Successfully represented defendant against a domain name squatter who registered domain names that mimicked client’s email domain name suffixes and who thereby acquired incorrectly sent emails intended for employees. Won two UDRP proceedings awarding the transfer of the disputed domain names back to client. After the squatter subsequently appealed to the Washington federal district court, we prevailed on summary judgment, which was ultimately upheld by U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Extensive experience with trademark policing matters, including investigations, cease and desist letters and confirming cessation of use.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements in trademark, trade dress and patent infringement matters to protect client portfolios.
- Provides clearance opinions for potential trademarks.
- Obtained successful transfer of domain names to clients through Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings.
- The Legal 500 United States, recommended in “Trademarks: Litigation” since 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, recommended in “Intellectual Property Law” since 2023
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois