Andrew is a member of firm’s Intellectual Property & Technology Transactions practice group. His practice focuses on trademark and copyright matters. Andrew has also advised a number of clients on technology and intellectual property licensing transactions. He has worked with clients in the health care, electronics, technology and online industries, including for America’s largest dental benefits provider, a leading DVD and video game rental company, and a leading online marketplace for musicians.
While in law school, Andrew was a judicial extern for the Honorable David Akemann of the Illinois 16th Judicial Circuit Court. Andrew was also a NGE summer associate in 2012.
Before beginning his legal career, Andrew worked as an Advertising Project Manager for a major music publication, making him particularly attuned to the technology and advertising industries. He is also an avid musician in a rock band.
- Counsel to various clients in high-stakes trademark litigation and opposition proceedings.
- Counsel to clients in hotel, restaurant and fashion industries on trademark and copyright licensing and assignment agreements.
- Counsel to various clients on trademark clearance, filing, prosecution and portfolio management.
- Counsel to various clients on trademark coexistence and other agreements to settle litigation and overcome trademark office refusals during prosecution.
- Counsel to various clients in securing license agreements for use of copyrighted material.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois