American University Washington College of Law (J.D., 2005)
Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., 2000)
Olivia is a trusted advisor on civil litigation matters, especially regarding intellectual property. She has represented individuals and corporations across the country in complex technological matters. She helps clients protect, enforce, and defend intellectual property rights, including patents, trade secrets, copyrights and trademarks.
An experienced trial lawyer, Olivia has litigated and tried significant cases before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and other federal courts around the country, and has also briefed and argued patent appeals before the Federal Circuit. She was recently appointed to serve on the Advisory Committee for Local Rules for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Before practicing law, Olivia spent five years as a patent examiner for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, gaining extensive experience regarding the use of procedures available before the USPTO.
Olivia devotes a substantial amount of her time to pro bono service. In 2018, she received the Excellence in Pro Bono Service award, presented by The United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and The Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Her dedication began when she represented a Chicago high school student charged with first-degree felony murder in People v. Shannon, which received national attention after a videotape of the incident went viral. Olivia remains dedicated to her pro bono clients and continues to fight for their cause through petitions and appeals. She received the Sandra Day O’Connor Award for Professional Service in 2011 for that representation. She is the current Membership Chair for the Economic Club of Chicago and will serve on its DEI Committee for 2022-2023.
- "Notable Minorities in Accounting, Consulting & Law," Crain's Chicago Business, 2020
- "Salute! Women in Law Awards," Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer, 2020
- "Top 50: Women Illinois Super Lawyers," 2018 – present; "Top 100: Illinois Super Lawyers," 2018; "Illinois Super Lawyers," 2014 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018 – present
- "Top 100 Under 50 Executive Leaders," DiversityMBA, 2018
- "Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service" U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, 2018
- "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty," Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2014
- "Top 250 Women IP Attorneys," Managing Intellectual Property Magazine, 2014
- "New Look of Leadership Award," YWCA, 2014
- "Sandra Day O'Connor Award for Professional Service," American Inns of Court, 2011
- "Linn Inn Alliance Distinguished Service Medal," Linn Inn Alliance, 2011
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Local Patent Rules Committee; Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Racial Justice Diversity Committee; Member
- Richard Linn American Inn of Court; Executive Director, Co-Founder and Former President
- Economic Club of Chicago; Vice-Chair of Membership 2020-2021, Chair of Membership Subcommittee III 2019-2020
- Ladies in IP Society; Co-founder and Organizer
- Women's Coalition; Delegate
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois; past IP Committee Chair
- Chicago Bar Association; past Judicial Evaluation Committee Member
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Federal Circuit Bar Association; past PTO Committee Chair, past Law Students and Law Clerks Chair, past Membership Chair
- American Writers Museum; Trustee and Board Member, Founder of Chicago Council for AWM
- Chicago Inventors Organization; past Board of Directors
- Georgia Institute of Technology; Chicago Area Network
- Guest Professor and Lecturer in Patent Law and Trial Advocacy Courses at Notre Dame Law School, Northwestern School of Law, Loyola Law School and Chicago-Kent School of Law.