Leah is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Hospitality and Leisure Practice Group. She develops legal strategies for clients, both real estate investors and clients in other industries who are heavy real estate users, in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions; mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions; commercial leases, hotel management and franchise agreements, co-living and property management arrangements; and entity structuring focused on operational and tax efficiency.
Leah’s nationwide practice covers widespread asset classes. Clients include institutional real estate investors, real estate developers, manufacturers, distributors, hotel owners, retailers and restauranteurs, and high net worth individuals. She simplifies the real estate transaction process for her clients by implementing a project strategy that is tailored to the individual client’s objectives and placing an emphasis on being nimble and proactive to both take advantage of opportunities that arise and avoid unnecessary complications.
Leah co-chairs NGE’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and previously chaired NGE’s Associate Review Committee.
- Represented multi-family property owner in acquisitions and dispositions of real estate nationwide and related financing transactions, including conventional mortgage loans and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans.
- Represented distributor in acquisition and development of real estate for distribution centers throughout the country.
- Represented property owner nationally in acquisitions and dispositions of retail properties.
- Represented real estate developer in nationwide dispositions of real estate, including office, retail and multi-family projects.
- Represented hotel owner/operator in nationwide acquisitions and dispositions of owned hotel properties and in management agreements for managed hotels.
- Represented real estate developer in joint venture arrangements in connection with community development projects in Illinois.
- Represented retail property owner in securitized mortgage loan and mezzanine loan transactions.
- Represented financial institution in foreclosures and workouts of real estate loans in Illinois.
- Represented multi-family property owner in acquisitions of distressed debt secured by real estate.
- Represented multi-family operator in connection with receivership and property management services for properties in foreclosure throughout the country.
- The Legal 500 United States, recommended in “Real Estate” since 2020
- Crain’s Chicago Business, named to “2020 Notable Women in Law”