Neal Gerber Eisenberg’s Products Liability group defends manufacturers from the significant challenges of product liability cases. We’ve successfully litigated bet-the-company cases involving punitive damages, negative publicity and the potential loss of company value. We have faced down claims involving severe injury or death and devastating property damage in courts throughout the U.S. Our team has a strong record of prevailing at trial, securing the dismissal of multimillion-dollar product liability lawsuits or winning highly favorable settlements in two-party and multi-party cases, complex litigation and class actions.
Strong Defense and Risk Management
We begin building a defense from the moment a claim is received, with a focus on reducing inherent risks of product liability litigation and identifying opportunities to avoid additional litigation. Our attorneys have the technical know-how to work authoritatively with engineers, scientists and other industry experts to assess claims and make the strongest possible case.
We have defended a multinational pharmaceutical giant in a panoply of product liability cases; represented a leading manufacturer in claims worldwide, including in a lawsuit brought by a Fortune 500 company; won a decisive appellate victory in a case involving extensive bodily injury and property damage; and defeated requests for certification of a nationwide class of more than 13,000 putative class members in a product liability matter.
The firm defends manufacturers against product liability claims involving serious injury or death, as well as significant property damage, in courts around the country. We enjoy a strong record of securing the dismissal of multimillion-dollar product liability lawsuits at trial or achieving highly favorable settlements on our clients’ behalf.
We begin building a defense from the moment a claim is received, and our attorneys possess the technical know-how and also work in conjunction with engineers and other experts to assess claims.
Recent representative matters include:
- Defended a large, multinational pharmaceutical company in numerous product liability cases, including one in which the jury returned a verdict for our client on all claims. The plaintiff had sought to recover $15 million.
- The firm represents a leading manufacturer of propane equipment and fluid controls as lead counsel in all of its product liability matters throughout the world. Juries have returned verdicts for our client in multimillion-dollar cases, including in Texas, in a case involving grave personal injuries, and in Connecticut, where a Fortune 500 company sued to recover for property damage allegedly caused by the release of anhydrous ammonia.
- In a bench trial, defeated claims against our client, a manufacturer of dry cleaning equipment, for fire damage to a dry cleaning establishment.
- An appellate court affirmed a trial court’s granting of summary judgment to our client, ending product liability litigation over a commercial whipped cream dispenser that allegedly exploded and caused extensive and permanent bodily injury and property damage.
- Defeated requests for certification of a nationwide class of more than 13,000 putative class members in a product liability matter.