Neal Gerber Eisenberg has teamed up with Wolters Kluwer to bring you NGE IP Focus, a quarterly newsletter dedicated to intellectual property-related legal decisions.
In this inaugural issue we focus on the hospitality and leisure industry, highlighting some recent legal decisions at the crossroads of intellectual property law and the hospitality industry. They illustrate the breadth of legal issues and considerations faced by hospitality business owners, operators and other industry players, from trademark infringement and domain name claims to brand protection and data security issues.
In this issue:
- In Touch with Lee Eulgen
- Cyberpiracy and contributory infringement claims over ROW restaurant/hotel marks tossed
- Marketing of Houston hotel to Illinois sufficed for jurisdiction
- Preliminary injunction denied in dispute over EQUINOX mark
- THE JOINT for restaurant and night club held generic
- Hotel franchise agreement not a personal services contract
- Hotel data breach suit settlement rejected (again)
Click here to view the full issue of NGE IP Focus