Chambers USA today announced its annual rankings for 2020, which include 10 Neal Gerber Eisenberg practice groups and 16 attorneys. Chambers & Partners, one of the world’s leading legal directories, conducts independent research that relies on feedback from industry leaders and clients to identify the top attorneys and law firms from around the world.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg is also proud to announce Angela Elbert, chair of the firm's Insurance Policyholder group, was elevated to Band 1 ranking in Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Policyholder. Joining the band rankings for 2020 are partners Douglas Ellis in Real Estate, and Jonathan Quinn in Litigation: General Commercial.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg continues its national recognition for Energy: Mining & Metals (Transactional) and is also ranked among the best in Illinois in the following practices areas:
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Policyholder
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
The following 16 Neal Gerber Eisenberg attorneys were named as leaders in their field:
- Scott J. Bakal – Tax
- Jeffrey J. Bakker – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- H. Nicholas Berberian – Litigation: Securities
- Jill B. Berkeley – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Mark A. Berkoff – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Howard L. Bernstein – Labor & Employment
- John A. Biek – Tax: Controversy
- Patricia S. Cain – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Angela R. Elbert – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Douglas M. Ellis – Real Estate
- Michael B. Gray – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Michael G. Kelber – Intellectual Property
- Douglas J. Lubelchek – Real Estate
- Antony J. McShane – Intellectual Property
- Jonathan S. Quinn – Litigation: General Commercial
- David S. Stone – Corporate/M&A
As part of its research process, Chambers solicits feedback from firm clients. Comments received about Neal Gerber Eisenberg include:
- "The team is prompt, thorough and highly strategic. They take the time to listen to our questions and concerns and always go the extra mile to ensure we receive the best representation possible."
- "They are always accessible and responsive, going above and beyond in order to provide top-tier client service."
- "The whole team has been impressive in its insight, expertise and ability to manage the complexity of our situation to quickly recommend clear paths forward."
- "Neal Gerber Eisenberg is phenomenal - the main thing for me is the response time. They act like a business partner."
- "The quality of its work is outstanding and its loyalty to our company has been greatly appreciated. It is uniformly competent, pragmatic and knowledgeable."
- "They are thorough and have good understanding of how our company works and what our needs are."
- "Their lawyers are well versed in their fields, and know who to direct matters to. The advice and quick turnarounds show that they are great as a team."
- "They have a unique ability to balance business needs with legal protections."
- "Their lawyers are thoughtful in their legal advice and strategy and really get to know me and my objectives."
- "They’re an excellent firm. They’re very responsive to our needs and have the expertise."
- "Their depth of knowledge is excellent."
Chambers also publishes boutique guides separate from its traditional geographically-based lawyer rankings. Look for news about the Chambers High Net Worth guide (which recommends firms providing legal services for high net worth individuals), and recognition for NGE’s Private Wealth Services practice group, in the coming months.