Earl has extensive experience representing public and private companies and individuals in corporate, partnership and joint venture transactions. His experience includes complex mergers and acquisitions, representing both buyers and sellers, restructurings, spin-offs, and divestitures.
He regularly advises family offices regarding governance, succession planning, optimal investment structure, tax planning and executive compensation plans. He also assists families with SEC family office compliance, structuring of pooled investment vehicles, philanthropy, fund investment analysis and the formation and operation of private trust companies.
Earl also advises officers, directors and companies regarding general corporate, corporate governance and business law issues, including business contracts, executive compensation agreements, restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements. He regularly represents clients on private equity and venture capital transactions, investments and joint ventures.
His clients include middle market businesses, family offices, start-up companies and entrepreneurs in many industries, including telecommunications, engineering, manufacturing, asset management, hospitality and health care.
- Represented manufacturing company in $152 million sale of the company and spin-off of separate product line
- Represented family in the creation of its family office, including governance and succession planning
- Represented investment management firm in $300 million partial sale of the firm
- Represented telecommunications company operating in the U.S., Caribbean, Central America and South America in $110 million asset sale
- Represented public company REIT in a $300 million sale and joint venture transaction
- Represented family office in restructuring of family investment vehicles on a tax advantaged basis
- Represented wholesale wine distributor in $40 million asset sale
- Represented engineering firm in three multimillion dollar acquisition transactions in multiple states
- Represented health care service provider in merger transaction involving $75 million of cash, stock and options
- Represented nursing home owner and operator in sale of business