Neal Gerber Eisenberg and Wolters Kluwer have teamed up to bring you NGE IP Focus, a quarterly newsletter dedicated to intellectual property-related legal decisions.
In this issue, we focus on advertising and social media, highlighting some recent legal decisions that showcase the diversity of legal issues at play. As these cases show, marketing teams are being asked to do more with less, faster than ever before, and on a multitude of platforms to reach fractured audiences. The consequences of these new factors means less time for a thoughtful, thorough review of marketing decisions, and increased risk on a variety of fronts.
In this issue:
- In Touch with Kate Dennis Nye
- FTC unearths undisclosed incentivized reviews from UrthBox; $100K settlement reached
- FTC takes action over promotion of insect repellent by paid endorsers
- ‘Influencer’ stated class action claims against shopping platform operator for misappropriating her Instagram content
- Wyndham, Marriott, Hilton, others may have breached antitrust laws through keyword search pact
- FTC orders 1-800 Contacts to halt restrictive Internet advertising agreements with competitors
Click here to view the full issue of NGE IP Focus.