Tina has over twenty years of experience representing financial services firms and their employees in a wide range of matters arising from investment and employment disputes. She has successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation, regulatory investigations and litigation in federal and state courts, and has negotiated favorable settlements that avoid costly litigation. Tina’s experience in employment-related litigation includes allegations of wrongful termination, constructive discharge, discrimination, harassment, defamation and compensation-related claims. Tina also has experience in general commercial litigation, including business torts and contract disputes.
Before joining the firm, Tina gained valuable government experience working as a law clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice and as an intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C.
Tina’s pro bono service includes successful representation of clients in asylum cases and civil rights litigation.
- Represented broker-dealer in regulatory investigation with respect to investments by funeral trust, with a determination of no action being taken
- Negotiated settlement of U-5 defamation claim against bank subsidiary brought by former employee
- Negotiated settlement of constructive discharge and fraud claims against broker-dealer brought by former financial advisor arising from customers’ investments in proprietary hedge funds which collapsed as a result of the unprecedented deterioration of the credit markets
- Represented broker-dealer in connection with a FINRA arbitration which resulted in a complete dismissal of multi-million dollar claims arising from investments in a municipal arbitrage fund
- Negotiated settlements of claims against broker-dealer brought by customers alleging various misrepresentations and omissions arising from investments in proprietary hedge funds which collapsed as a result of the unprecedented deterioration of the credit markets
- Negotiated settlement of claims brought by former investment banker alleging failure to pay incentive compensation
- Represented broker-dealer in mediations of wrongful termination and defamation claims brought by brokers who were terminated from the firm in connection with market timing activities
- Represented broker-dealer in connection with arbitrations and mediations of actions alleging various misrepresentations and omissions with respect to research reports for companies in the telecommunications industry, including WorldCom, Global Crossing and AT&T
- Represented broker-dealer in mediation of breach of contract and wage act claims brought by former investment banker
- Represented broker-dealer in mediations with over forty claimants in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska and Ohio alleging gender discrimination, harassment and retaliatory discharge