Robert ("Bobby") counsels public and private companies on transaction and governance matters impacting their operations around the world, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint venture transactions, divestitures, corporate restructurings and succession planning. He is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Bobby is also a strategic advisor to wealthy families and entrepreneurs concerning critical business decisions and personal matters including the maximizing of revenues and preserving personal wealth. He also counsels clients on the transition of business leadership and wealth across generations. Serving a diverse range of client needs including estate planning, investment advice, financing, tax planning, and charitable endeavors, Bobby consistently finds innovative ways to ensure clients’ business interests and personal lives are protected at every level.
Committed to serving his community, he is a member of the Development Committee of Chicago Legal Aid Clinic, and was recently appointed to the Alumni Board of the College of Arts & Sciences of Indiana University. He is on the Board of Regents of Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and is Vice President of the American Friends of Hebrew University Midwest Board. Additionally, he serves as a member of the Governing Commission of the Hillels of Illinois.
Bob is a member of the American Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association. While in law school, he was executive editor of the John Marshall Law Review and was a member of the Order of John Marshall.
Bob has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2016 in the area of Corporate Law.
- Represented a client in the payment card industry in connection with the sale of its $100 million dollar merchant processing portfolio.
- Represented a second generation shareholder of a family owned business in a shareholder dispute which ultimately resulting in the shareholder obtaining control of the board and selling family business.
- Represented a client in the formation of a $75 million joint venture and subsequent buyout of his business partner.
- Represented RAK Ceramics (P.S.C.), the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of ceramic and porcelain tile and other ceramic products, in connection with multiple private label manufacturing and distribution transactions with business partners in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Represent RAK Ceramics (P.S.C.) in connection with its trademark prosecution and enforcement in over 125 countries worldwide.
- The Best Lawyers in America since 2016 in the area of Corporate Law.