Philippe counsels business entities and entrepreneurs on strategic mergers and acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), private equity and venture capital transactions, investments and joint ventures and minority equity investments. He also advises clients on divestitures, debt and equity restructurings and other general corporate and securities matters, including private placements, and negotiates and memorializes a wide variety of commercial lending and finance transactions.
He has a broad cross-border practice and a significant number of international clients, particularly in France. They include publicly traded companies, private equity and venture firms, family offices, financial institutions, as well as middle market businesses and entrepreneurs. Philippe also regularly serves as outside general counsel to numerous U.S. subsidiaries of French companies and French parent companies in all aspects and stages of the business of their U.S. subsidiaries. Clients value the multinational perspective he affords when advising on a strategic merger or financial transaction.
Philippe holds a diploma in Economics and Finance from Sciences Po Paris (Diplôme, Eco-Fi, 1999), a French J.D. with a business law concentration from Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Paris, France (Maîtrise en Droit, Mention Droit des Affaires, 1998) and a graduate degree in European Business Law from Paris X Nanterre University, Nanterre, France (2000). He earned a J.D. from Cornell Law School in 2003.
In 2015, the Law Bulletin Publishing Company named him an Emerging Lawyer, a designation earned by fewer than 2 percent of all attorneys in the state.
He is active in numerous organizations, serving as a member of the board of directors of the Alliance Française de Chicago and the Chicago French-American Chamber of Commerce.
Merger and Acquisition Transactions:
- Represented publicly traded Swedish industrial company NIBE Industrier AB (NIBE-B.SK) in the $364 million acquisition of The Climate Control Group.
- Represented TeleTech Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTEC) in connection with numerous acquisitions, including its acquisition of the Integrated Contact Solutions Business Unit of eLoyalty (n/k/a Mattersight), and its acquisitions of OnState Communications Corporation, NorthPoint Management Partners, Inc. and Technology Solutions Group, Inc.
- Represented Albion Investors, LLC, a New York and Chicago-based private investment firm, and Isleworth Capital Partners, LLC, a Schaumburg, Illinois-based private equity firm, in connection with their acquisition of S.I. Jacobson Manufacturing Company.
- Represented the shareholders of Fundspire, Inc., a provider of hedge fund analytics, in connection with the sale of Fundspire to eVestment Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of Insight Ventures.
- Represented the owners of French group Eaton Leonard in connection with the sale of the group to U.S.-based Addison McKee.
- New York