Kristin is a partner in the Labor & Employment practice group. She focuses her practice on all aspects of labor and employment law and has very extensive experience in the area of labor relations, employment litigation, employment advice and counseling, and mergers and acquisitions. She has handled all aspects of labor law, including unfair labor practice litigation, strikes and injunctions, collective bargaining negotiations, Section 301 litigation, mergers and acquisitions, and arbitrations.
Regarding employment litigation, she has handled hundreds of cases involving claims of harassment and discrimination, wage and hour violations, and breach of restrictive covenants. She has experience litigating cases involving the gamut of labor and employment issues, from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act through the Fair Labor Standards Act, and also encompassing assorted state and federal statutes.
She also routinely provides legal counsel with respect to company investigations of claims of harassment and discrimination.
Clients nationwide have come from a wide range of industries, including media, health care, hospitality, technology, manufacturing, staffing, telecommunications, retail and utilities. Her clients rely on her ability to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve their business objectives.
Kristin was a partner at McDermott, Will and Emery LLP before becoming Chief Legal Counsel at a national media company.
- The Legal 500 United States, recommended in “Employment Law,” 2008 and 2012–2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, recommended in “Litigation – Labor and Employment” and “Labor Law – Management,” 2018–2021
- Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2020–2021
- Fellow of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (trial bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Illinois Supreme Cour