Indiana University School of Law (J.D., 1999), magna cum laude
Indiana University Bloomington (B.A., 1996), with distinction
David represents clients in complex real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and leasing. He advises clients such as private real estate investment firms, publicly traded companies, real estate investment trusts, banks and other financial institutions and high net worth individuals in connection with transactions throughout the United States.
He has significant experience managing deals involving retail centers, office buildings, multifamily apartment complexes, industrial facilities, mixed-use projects and senior living facilities, including the purchase, sale and financing of multistate portfolio transactions.
Clients value his aptitude for handling matters from beginning to end while navigating potentially thorny issues. They appreciate his responsiveness, diligence and attention to detail in protecting their interests.
- Represented joint venture in $29,000,000 acquisition financing of mixed use project in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Represented private real estate investment, development and management firm in entering into joint venture to develop a mixed-use retail project in Orlando, Florida.
- Represented real estate investment firm in $32,000,000 acquisition financing of office building in suburban Chicago.
- Represented real estate investment firm in connection with acquisition and financing of retail and office projects in Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Hawaii and Georgia.
- Represented senior living facility operator in sale and purchase of properties in multiple states, including Oregon, Washington, Georgia and Iowa.
- Represented joint venture in $185,000,000 refinancing of retail and residential project in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of restaurant operator in acquisition of multiple sites in Chicago.
- Represented real estate investment firm in the sale of an outlot in a mixed-use project in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of private and publicly traded real estate companies in the acquisition and disposition of multi-family apartment complexes throughout the United States.
- Represented borrower in connection with Freddie Mac refinancing of multi-family apartment complex in Hinsdale, Illinois.
- Represented lenders in workouts and foreclosure of commercial properties throughout Florida.
- Represented foreign investors in acquisition of shopping center in Tampa, Florida and assumption of related financing.
- Representation of insurance company lender in connection with multi-state financings secured by office buildings and industrial sites.
- Represented lender in connection with a $50,000,000 loan secured by a downtown Las Vegas hotel and casino.
- Represented lender in connection with $40,000,000 acquisition financing for mixed use development in Sarasota, Florida.
- Represented lender in multi-property, multi-state sale-leaseback transactions.
- Represented lender in connection with loans secured by parking garages in downtown Chicago.