Andrea focuses her practice on brand protection and intellectual property enforcement matters. Andrea counsels clients on a variety of intellectual property issues including developing and managing international anticounterfeiting programs and online enforcement programs, protecting and enforcing IP assets on social media platforms and assisting companies with securing and protecting domains names with the expansion of generic top-level domains (gTLDs).
Andrea regularly assists companies with domain name disputes, including Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution (UDRP) actions. Andrea also assists clients with a variety of trademark and copyright matters including clearance, registration, prosecution, portfolio management and enforcement. She also works with clients to structure licensing agreements to commercialize their intellectual property.
During law school, Andrea was managing editor for The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law. Prior to law school, Andrea worked as an interactive media planner at Starcom Worldwide and a media account executive at TV Guide, Inc. Her background in interactive marketing enables her to better understand clients’ diverse issues in building and protecting brands in an online marketplace.
- Extensive experience with trademark policing matters, including investigations, cease and desist letters and confirming cessation of use.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements in trademark, trade dress and patent infringement matters to protect client portfolios.
- Provides clearance opinions for potential trademarks.
- Obtained successful transfer of domain names to clients through Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois