Chambers USA today announced its annual results for 2018, which include 11 Neal Gerber Eisenberg practice groups and 26 attorneys. Chambers & Partners, one of the world’s leading legal directories, conducts independent research that relies on feedback from industry leaders and clients to identify the top attorneys and law firms from around the world.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg is proud to announce that in addition to 22 ranked attorneys, four attorneys are noted as recognized practitioners: Douglas M. Ellis, Real Estate; Jason C. Kim, Labor & Employment; John J. Koenigsknecht, Corporate/M&A; and William J. Tarnow, Labor & Employment.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg continues its national recognition for Energy: Mining & Metals (Transactional) and is also ranked among the best in Illinois in the following practices areas:
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Policyholder
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
- Technology & Outsourcing
Starting in 2018, Chambers began publishing boutique guides separate from its traditional geographically based lawyer rankings. Look for news about the High Net Worth guide (which recommends firms providing legal services for high net worth individuals), and potential ranking for NGE’s Private Wealth Services practice group, in the coming months.
The following 22 Neal Gerber Eisenberg attorneys were named as leaders in their field:
- Christopher C. Anderson – Technology & Outsourcing
- Scott J. Bakal – Tax
- Jeffrey J. Bakker – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Peter H. Barrow – Banking & Finance
- H. Nicholas Berberian – Litigation: General Commercial
- Jill B. Berkeley – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Mark A. Berkoff – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Howard L. Bernstein – Labor & Employment
- John A. Biek – Tax: Controversy
- Patricia S. Cain – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Angela R. Elbert – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Scott J. Fisher – Litigation: General Commercial
- Gerald A. Golden – Labor & Employment
- Michael B. Gray – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Michael G. Kelber – Intellectual Property
- Douglas J. Lubelchek – Real Estate
- Antony J. McShane – Intellectual Property
- Nicholas M. Miller – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Michael D. Sher – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- David S. Stone – Corporate/M&A
- Robert M. Weiss – Technology & Outsourcing
- Lisa S. Zebovitz – Environment: Litigation
As part of its research process, Chambers solicits feedback from firm clients. Comments received about Neal Gerber Eisenberg include:
- "Excellent performance; they were extremely responsive and knowledgeable. It was a great service that's been very helpful to our business."
- "The firm is really outstanding and incredibly valuable to our business."
- "They offer terrific lawyering with in-depth expertise and deep bench strength."
- "Neal Gerber Eisenberg demonstrates very strong client service and a strong commercial focus, helping to make sure we're concentrating on the risks that matter."
- "They are very responsive, very knowledgeable on cross-border securities matters and a delight to work with."