Chambers USA today announced its annual results for 2019, which include 11 Neal Gerber Eisenberg practice groups and 20 attorneys. Chambers & Partners, one of the world’s leading legal directories, conducts independent research that relies on feedback from industry leaders and clients to identify the top attorneys and law firms from around the world.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg is proud to announce that in addition to 17 ranked attorneys, three attorneys are noted as recognized practitioners: Douglas M. Ellis, Real Estate; John J. Koenigsknecht, Corporate/M&A; and William J. Tarnow, Labor & Employment.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg continues its national recognition for Energy: Mining & Metals (Transactional) and is also ranked among the best in Illinois in the following practices areas:
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Policyholder
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
- Technology & Outsourcing
The following 17 Neal Gerber Eisenberg attorneys were named as leaders in their field:
- Scott J. Bakal – Tax
- Jeffrey J. Bakker – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- H. Nicholas Berberian – Litigation: Securities
- Jill B. Berkeley – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Mark A. Berkoff – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Howard L. Bernstein – Labor & Employment
- John A. Biek – Tax: Controversy
- Patricia S. Cain – Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Angela R. Elbert – Insurance: Dispute Resolution
- Gerald A. Golden – Labor & Employment
- Michael B. Gray – Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Michael G. Kelber – Intellectual Property
- Douglas J. Lubelchek – Real Estate
- Antony J. McShane – Intellectual Property
- Nicholas Miller – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- David S. Stone – Corporate/M&A
- Lisa S. Zebovitz – Environment: Litigation
As part of its research process, Chambers solicits feedback from firm clients. Comments received about Neal Gerber Eisenberg include:
- "The firm is fantastic - they get the results their clients want but in a cost-effective manner. They are experts in what they do."
- "The team is intelligent, proactive and instinctive. The firm will make sure the job is done and they will point out and educate you on how to protect yourself against other issues which could come out in the future."
- "I cannot praise the team highly enough - they're thorough, creative and prepared beyond measure."
- "The team at Neal Gerber Eisenberg are personable, with a focus on building relationships. They really stand out and are a pleasure to deal with."
- "They work together seamlessly to bring the right resources - they proactively identify solutions and alternatives."
- "I like that they work together and get other people in the company involved if suddenly there is a tricky question that may reach into other domains."
- "They provide advice efficiently and effectively and are more than capable of dealing with unique, complicated matters and difficult time frames."
- "The team is very knowledgeable with a good amount of experience in multiple jurisdictions. They are very responsive and provide good analysis on core issues, as well as tangential concerns."
Chambers also publishes boutique guides separate from its traditional geographically-based lawyer rankings. Look for news about the Chambers High Net Worth guide (which recommends firms providing legal services for high net worth individuals), and recognition for NGE’s Private Wealth Services practice group, in the coming months.