Growth enterprises, emerging companies, private equity funds and venture capitalists rely on the experienced advisors within our Private Equity & Venture Capital practice to guide them during the full range of investment transactions, including buyouts, spin-offs, restructurings, and carve-outs. We use our profound understanding of the markets and our clients’ goals to help them implement strategies, conduct due diligence and complete transactions that achieve tax efficiencies, add unanticipated value and protect their interests.
Private Equity & Venture Funds
We work with our clients to structure successful strategies for mergers, acquisitions, equity and debt financings to raise capital, incentivizing executives, and starting and expanding operations. We draw on our corporate experience to help funds, incubators, angel investors, high net worth individuals, family offices and foundations identify, pursue and complete innovative and productive deals. We create efficient tax structures, counsel on securities laws and privacy regulations and navigate complex regulatory issues.
Our transaction-seasoned attorneys take the lead to launch new companies and accelerate the growth of portfolio companies. We help companies maintain control of their operations, advance their vision and deal with the complex legal issues that accompany capital infusion and growth. We establish effective formation and management strategies; protect intellectual property and proprietary technology; and implement compliance with SEC and industry-specific regulatory bodies. We advise portfolio companies as they mature through their life cycles on strategic alliances, acquisitions, dispositions, investments and exit strategies.
- Represented lead investor in a $70 million venture financing of a clean tech company and follow on rounds
- Represented lead investor in a $22 million financing of a consumer Internet company
- Represented a major co-investor in a private equity syndicate in a $130 million equity financing and subsequent representation as a selling shareholder in the IPO and secondary offerings
- Represented co-investor in a $100 million clean tech financing and subsequent rounds
- Represented lead investor in a financing of a B-to-B software company
- Represented a marketing Internet company in a $3 million Series A Round
- Represented multiple software companies and health care companies in a Series A rounds and subsequent rounds.
- Represented e-commerce and retail company in an approximate $4 million financing and restructuring