The attorneys in our Finance practice combine extensive experience and a knowledge of markets to advise borrowers and lenders of secured and unsecured commercial loans to close transactions expeditiously and achieve their business goals. We harness in-depth knowledge of the finance market with exceptional client service to structure, negotiate and document new and refinanced credit facilities, lines of credit, project financings, and to provide an integrated approach in M&A financings, workouts and restructurings. Our cross-industry experience includes manufacturers and distributors of wholesale and retail products, major commercial real estate developers, owners and investment funds.
Commercial Credit Transactions
We counsel major bank and non-traditional lending institutions in commercial credit transactions, including complex, multilevel financing arrangements on behalf of agents that entail complex structuring, sophisticated documentation and extended negotiations. Our specialized experience with middle-market financing ranges from efficient, cost-effective pre-negotiated loan documents to large, syndicated credits and cross-border multi-tiered debt financings.
Recognized industry leaders, Chambers USA has regularly ranked us as a leading law firm in finance since 2003, and U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey ranked Neal Gerber Eisenberg among the top in the nation within Banking and Finance Law for 2013.
- Representation of a major nationwide furniture and housewares retailer in connection with an $85 million unsecured line of credit.
- Representation of a major commercial bank as Agent for a syndicate of banks, in $60 million in domestic and cross-border senior secured debt financing for a holding company and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
- Representation of a major commercial bank as Agent for a syndicate of banks, in $350 million in senior secured debt financing to major American law firm.
- Representation of major private equity and investment firm and its affiliates in connection with a $250 million secured stock loan, a $10 million secured stock loan, a $65 million secured hedge fund facility, a $25 million secured revolving and term working capital facility and a $75 million secured art loan.
- Representation of major commercial bank in connection with restructuring and refinancing a $20.5 million secured revolving and term facility to a media company and its subsidiaries.
- Representation of national educational institution in connection with $5.1 million in tax-exempt revenue bond financing and related $2.9 million secured working capital facility.
- Representation of a major financial institution in connection with the recapitalization of ShoreBank in 2010, including conversion of existing indebtedness to equity as well as additional equity investment.
- Representation of a major plastics wholesaler in connection with $45 million cross-border ABL facility.
- Representation of national beverage distributor in connection with $12.5 million secured revolving and real estate facility.