Philippe Y. Blanchard is a member of the Corporate & Securities practice group focusing on counseling business entities and entrepreneurs. His experience includes strategic mergers and acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), private equity and venture capital transactions, investments and joint ventures, minority equity investments, divestitures, debt and equity restructurings and other general corporate and securities matters, including private placements, as well as negotiating and memorializing a wide variety of commercial lending and finance transactions.
Philippe’s clients include publicly traded companies, private equity and venture firms, family offices, financial institutions, as well as middle market businesses and entrepreneurs. Philippe also regularly serves as outside general counsel to numerous U.S. subsidiaries of French companies and French parent companies in all aspects and stages of the business of their U.S. subsidiaries.
Philippe earned a J.D. from Cornell Law School (2003). Philippe also holds a diploma in Economics and Finance from Sciences Po Paris (Diplôme, Eco-Fi, 1999), a French J.D. with a business law concentration from Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Paris, France (Maîtrise en Droit, Mention Droit des Affaires, 1998) and a graduate degree in European Business Law from Paris X Nanterre University, Nanterre, France (2000).
Philippe is active in numerous organizations, including serving as a member of the board of directors of the Alliance Française de Chicago and the Chicago French-American Chamber of Commerce.
In 2015, he was named an Emerging Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company, a designation earned by fewer than 2 percent of all attorneys in the state.
Merger and Acquisition Transactions
- Represented publicly traded Swedish industrial company NIBE Industrier AB (NIBE-B.SK) in the $364 million acquisition of The Climate Control Group.
- Represented TeleTech Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTEC) in connection with numerous acquisitions, including its acquisition of the Integrated Contact Solutions Business Unit of eLoyalty (n/k/a Mattersight), and its acquisitions of OnState Communications
Corporation, NorthPoint Management Partners, Inc. and Technology Solutions Group, Inc.
- Represented Albion Investors, LLC, a New York and Chicago-based private investment firm, and Isleworth Capital Partners, LLC, a Schaumburg, Illinois-based private equity firm, in connection with their acquisition of S.I. Jacobson Manufacturing Company.
- Represented the shareholders of Fundspire, Inc., a provider of hedge fund analytics, in connection with the sale of Fundspire to eVestment Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of Insight Ventures.
- Represented the owners of French group Eaton Leonard in connection with the sale of the group to U.S.-based Addison McKee.